Friday, September 19, 2008

Great Week

I haven't been updating my blog lately. But I can say I have had a great week of running! I ran a total of 10.90 miles this week! Each run felt great! Even yesterday's run. On Wednesday I ran 4.7 miles. So the next day I packed my running stuff and brought it to work just in case I wanted to ran again. I normally do not run on consecutive days...especially after a long run, but I went out with Mark for a 3 mile run. I ran 3.1 miles with a time of 29:34 and negative split each mile! It was such a great surprise since I was thinking that I was really going to struggle with the run. This weekend is the CVS 5K race in Providence. The company I work for paid for any employee who wanted to run this event so I am on the companies team! It should be alot of fun with over 3000 people running this race. My goal for this race is to finish with a time of 28:30. Thats pretty fast considering I have not ran that fast since last year's Salve Regina 5K. I know I can do it. Good luck to all those runners!

On another note. 2 weeks ago I made it a goal to lose 10lbs before this weekends race. Well as of this morning I am 1.5lbs away from my goal with 2 days to go. I am really excited to have lost 8.5lbs in 2 weeks. I know its mostly that water weight that everyone talks about, but its still 8.5lbs less then I had 2 weeks ago! AFter I lose my first 10 I will scale back my weight and shoot for another 10lbs before the baby is born on October 13!!!!!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Have fun this weekend - looks like it'll be beautiful weather!

Kim Hock said...

Hi Shawn,
Good luck with your 5K this weekend! Abby's husband will be there running too!
I started logging my workouts on the buckeye training site(kim.hock) after getting the idea from your website. I'm running a couple of 5K's next month but due to knee problems I unfortunately have to stick to more spin classes than running.
Kim