Monday, August 24, 2009

Switching Gears

Well I have given it a lot of thought lately and decided to end my Tri season for the year and concentrate on something else. After doing the Wild Dog Tri and Crabman, it really got to me that I could not run anymore. So for the past few weeks I have been thinking about what I could do to get back into running. When I last saw my Doctor I asked him if losing weight would help with the recovery of my knee. He said that losing even 10lbs would drastically help. So after that office visit I told myself I would lose 40lbs. I am not giving any time frames. I just want to lose 40lbs. I believe in my heart that losing 40lbs will allow me to at least run an average 3 miles. Thats all I am asking. I never again want to walk during a triathlon. Step one, I joined Weight Watchers. I know myself and the extra motivation I get from going to the meetings will help me. I am currently in week 5 and have lost 11.6lbs already. Step two, start a workout program. I picked P90X as my workout program. I tried starting it a couple of months ago, but found it very difficult to balance family life, triathlon training and the P90X program. Since I have basically ended my Tri season, I can focus on P90X. Tonight I completed the day 1 video, Chest and Back, and it killed me. You have to start somewhere!

I plan on creating a P90X blog to track my progress. Feel free to drop by.

My Time to Brint It

Until next time.......

No comments: