Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bike to Work Day

I decided to ride my bike to work today. My wife has Tuesday's off so I didn't have to bring the kids to daycare. So I put on my new bike shorts, packed my bag, put some air in my tires and I was off. The morning was beautiful. The route I took is mostly shady and from my house to work is mostly uphill. I had my Garmin on so I could see how fast I was going. 15.5???? 14.8???? Super slow!!!!! Besides my really slow times this morning, I made it to work, 5.2 miles in 22 minutes. At lunch time I jumped back on the bike and headed home. I needed the car after work to drive up to Providence. The ride home was much better, probably because it was mostly downhill. I made it home in 19 minutes. Definitely have allot of room to improve, but not to bad for the first bike ride of the year....yes first of the year, freakin crazy. Tomorrow I plan on running 3.25 miles during lunch. I would really like to extend my running distance to 4 miles by August 8. I can care less on how long it takes me to get to 4 miles, I just want to do it.

Tomorrow is my last day at Ibis (Actually its called Pitney Bowes Legal Solutions but its still Ibis to me) I have worked there for over 2 years and have meet some awesome people. I will miss the people, but I will not miss working 2nd shift. Thursday has been a long time coming. A normal life is so close I can taste it. Every time I think about it makes me smile. I plan on picking up my kids from day care on Thursday. I can't wait!

See ya!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's great that you can bike to work now. And I don't think you'll have any problem getting to the 4-mile mark with your running. Sounds like things are coming along great! Congrats on your last week of second shift, too!