Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super 5K

First race of the year didn't end up the way I wanted it too. I decided last night that I was going to run the Super 5K today. Its a flat course and I was certain I could set a PR. But that didn't happen. First of all I went out way to fast...then at mile marker 2 I has some serious pain under my right rib cage which slowed me down. I was pissed. So i limped into the finish line at 28:59. I really thought I could have finished it with a PR today, but it just wasn't my day. The weather was awesome and really enjoyed the run (until mile 2). Oh well, there will be more races! Back to training for the 10k.
This weeks runs:

Monday - 45 mins
Tuesday - 48 mins
Wednesday - Rest/swim
Thursday - 50 mins
Friday - Rest/swim
Saturday - 50 mins

Have a great Monday!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some days just go that way. Stick with the training plan and you will improve for sure.

getwell said...

Your twitter: 50min=4.6 miles. Good deal. Was going to suggest doing the "Bloomin' Metric" bike tour in CT this May (which I do with some buds), but it might be too far from you. Keep on training, and good luck with your upcoming triathlons. (http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1669832&assetId=1046ed6b-bc9e-4abc-b6bd-8a54e914a138)