Thursday, August 7, 2008

Busy Week

Its been a busy week of running and swimming. I attempted to ride my bike, but the front tire blew so I need to fix that. My focus for the past week has mostly been swimming and running. With the Tri coming up next weekend I have 2 seperate brick workouts scheduled, swim/bike and a bike/run. Before this week I was a little nervous about the swim. But after a few swims at the Y pool, I feel I am ready for the .25 mile swim. I do not have expectations that I will be fast in either of the sports, so my goal for my first Tri is to finish. If it takes me 2 hours and I come in last...thats cool with me. I am just really excited to complete it.

Had a really cool run in the rain yesterday. A group of us from work went out for a slow 3 mile run in the rain. We ended up going 3.58 miles, which happens to be the furthest I have run without walking since last year. And my legs hurt for a couple hours after. Then last night I hit the Y for 1000meter swim. It was tough.

Until next time.

3 comments:

majorcane said...

Those people you work with must be really cool to run in the rain.

Speaking of which - we are doing Hills tomorrow - care to join?

Michelle said...

You're doing great! How awesome that you have people you can run with at work, too. I can't believe the tri is next week! I'm definitely sitting that one out. It was a little nuts doing the Blessing immediately followed by the tri last week, so as much as i want to do another one, I'm looking forward to a few less crazy training weeks.

Michelle said...

How are things going this week? Hope you're getting in some good training, and feeling ready for Sunday!!! You're going to do great!!!