Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tempo Tuesdays and Other Stuff

Went out for my tempo run today. After last weeks Tempo run I decided to step it up a little and make it at 3 mile tempo run with a mile warm up and a mile cool down for a total of 5 miles. Here is the break down:

M1 warmup - 10:01
M2 tempo - 9:10
M3 tempo - 8:58
M4 tempo - 8:54
M5 cooldown- 9:48

5 miles - 46:53
Average pace - 9:22

Great run! Felt really good throughout the tempo. I Will keep the 5 miles for a while and then push up to 6 miles.

Today I plan on jumping on the bike during lunch time and hit the pool tonight.

Oh I did a long run on Saturday - 7 miles - 67mins, average pace - 9:37. That was a great run and as always my last mile was the fastest at 9:17.

Monday I did a spin class with Joe...and it kicked my butt!!!! 19miles in 45 mins then at the end she had us do situps and pushups with the ball...crazy workout but it was great! I might have to take that class every week!! Thanks Joe!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice job with the tempo run. The negative splits are really impressive.