Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Crabman Bike Clinic...Just What I Needed

For the past few days I have had no energy or the drive to do anything. Not being able to run has really brought me down over the past few weeks. I was so looking forward to a great Tri season this year and to not be able to go all out and race, just kills me. So last nights Clinic for the Crabman was exactly what I needed to jump start myself.

I meet Kathy Robbins from TRIMOM Productions who is the race organizer. There was about 12 people there with different experiences. The range went from first timers to IRONMAN finishers. Kieth Ballard started the night off with some USAT rules on Triathlon, then went on to talk about nutrition and basic bike safety. Then we jumped on the bike and headed out for a loop around the bike course. Kieth went around and chatted with everyone, checking bike form and giving words of advice. I was up front and chatted with him briefly then he said I could go at my own pace. So 3 of us took off and stopped at the first turn. From then on we just cruised until mile 3 when Kieth just told us to go at our own pace and head back to the beach. At this point I hammered it. I wanted to feel the burn. I needed to feel the burn and once I got back to the beach I was smiling. That was awesome! Next week is the swim clinic. Can't wait for that one!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awesome! Sounds like a good time.