Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Great Bike Ride Today

2 weeks to go before my final full triathlon. Recently I haven't really been motivated to train or pretty much do anything since I found out I couldn't run anymore. That really brought me down. It effected me more then I thought it did. Think about it, you train all winter and Spring, get really excited about the upcoming season and then your told you can't run anymore. It just sucks.

So for the past month or so I probably did 2 bike rides and maybe 2 swims. I have actually gained 12 pounds since I have stopped running which is not good. This past weekend my family and I took a mini vacation to my wife's uncle's Lake house in New Jersey. On the way home while everyone was sleeping I had a lot of time to think about the past few months and how everything seemed to just go down hill. I thought about how I would never be able to complete another 5k or my dream in becoming an IRONMAN. Then it was like a ton of bricks hit me. I thought to myself...STOP!!! Stop complaining and whining about what I can't do anymore and focus on what I can do, which is Swim, Bike and compete in Relay events! I am not totally out of the game. I can still enjoy the atmosphere or the race, crossing the finish line of an aquabike event! So today I went for a 13.79 mile bike ride today and to control my weight I joined Weight Watchers. I think it was my weight that was the cause of my left knee injury, so my goal to lose 40lbs has started. I feel that I need to lose the weight so my injury can heal.

Wish me luck everyone!!!

No comments: