Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Great Year

2008 turned out to be a great year! It didn't start off so hot with my left ankle injury that kept me from running for over 3 months. But I came back and completed four 5k races and my big accomplishment of 2008, the Wild Dog Sprint Tri!!!! The Triathlon was a highlight for 2008. But the birth of Nicholas was definitely THE highlight of 2008. That little guy is so awesome. I was also fortunate enough to find a new job closer to home and it was great to find out that some of the people I work with run!

2009 will be another great year. I will be focusing more on my sprint triathlons then 5Ks and will be attempting to complete my first Olympic distance tri in August and my first Half Marathon in October.

Can't wait for the new year!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You sure did have a great 2008. Once again, congratulations on the new little one. It looks like you are going to have a great 2009 as well.

Have a Happy New Year!!

Michelle said...

Definitely a great year for you!!! Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Hey Shawn - have you registered for the Hyannis 10K yet? All the races (the marathon, half, and 10K) are filling up, and will likely close out soon, so if you haven't signed up yet, you probably should.

Rachel said...

Sounds like 2009 will be awesome! Good luck to you.