Thursday, December 11, 2008

Swim

Hit the pool last night. Did 850 meters in about 20 mins. This is part of my new training program I have been putting together for weeks now. The first few months is run focused since I have my first 10k race coming up in February. After that the focus will switch to bike and swim. I am really excited about this program. I looked online for all the sprint and Oly training programs and just took what I thought would help me to my goal. Then I set it up so it really does not interfere with home and the family to much. Today I have a 30 min bike and tomorrow will be a 40 min run. I have started training by time and not distance. I figured...if I run 30 mins...I kinda know I would have ran 3 miles. I need to set my Garmin up for time and pace and get rid of distance.

later

3 comments:

Jamie said...

My plan this season is to try and do as many workouts in the AM as possible to not impact the social life and other responsibilities as much as possible.

It has been working with mixed results so far, but hopefully I get in a groove soon.

Good luck with the runs!

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are working the plan. Good job!

Rachel said...

Nice job on your swim! Congrats on sticking with your plan. I haven't been so disciplined lately.