Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Running

I went out for a 35 min run today. I wanted to go easy since I did 42 minutes the other day with some hill repeats. So my splits were normal...first mile 10:07, second mile 10:17 and third mile 10:09. I felt really good during the 3rd mile so I decide to add another mile...and kicked it up a notch... 4th mile 9:11. After the last mile I started thinking that I am holding myself back alittle. The running mentle games have started. I have been so used to running 3 miles...that I don't think I can handle 4 miles or if I do I will injure myself or something crazy. I think today's 4 mile run, and last weeks 3.96 mile run with my last .96 mile came in 9:07...I am going to increase my runs to 40 mins from now on. These past 2 weeks have really given me the extra encouragement I need to continue with my 10k training. Oh yeah...I got caught in the rain again today. When I left work the radar did not show rain, and half way through the run it started to rain. I could have really used some Drymax socks. I might just have to find me a pair of those.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job with the run!

majorcane said...

You register for the 10k yet? Let me know when you do- we can then figure out the plan on getting out to Hyannis.