Sunday, November 23, 2008

29mins 26 secs

Thats my Garmin time...Don't know my official time. They did not record my time in the shoot. I was worried about my ankle the whole morning...but it held up with not pain or discomfort. I could tell that I haven't been running alot recently...I hit a mini wall after the 2nd mile. But pushed through and finished strong. This is an awesome race and Can't wait for next year. Drew from work had an awesome race coming in at 23.03 and Michelle coming in under 25 mins. Can't wait for me to be that fast!!!! The Mews puts on a great race for Special Olympics. Right after the run, I grabbed a bannana and water, then headed straight for my free beer and BBQ!!!! Can't beat a race that has free beer and food after.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice job, Shawn! Glad your ankle is feeling good! Pics are up at http://digitalphotoconcept.smugmug.com/Road%20Races/657225

Mark said...

Awesome news about the ankle, and great job on your come back!

Unknown said...

Great race, especially for the ankle! Very nice.

Jamie said...

Nice race man! Hopefully I'll see you out at some races next season.