Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A New Beginning

Today starts a new beginning for me. I am starting a training plan that will prepare me for the Hyannis 10K in February and at the same time I will also use the plan for base building before I start my Olympic Triathlon training plan in March. I really want to do well in my Triathlons next year. So I figured the sooner I start my training the better. As of right now I have a full race schedule next summer, 2 Sprints, 1 Olympic and 1 Half Marathon. The Cranberry Country Olympic Triathlon will be my A race. The Mystic Valley Sprint will be my B race. Then I have a problem with my other sprint tri. The Crabman Sprint Tri in July is on a Sunday and the Blessing of the Fleet 10 mile road race is the Friday before. I have always wanted to run the Blessing, but the Crabman is just so close to home. I am leaning toward the Crabman, but I could change my mind tomorrow. And for the end of the season I will enter the Hartford Half Marathon in October. So as you can see I really have my work cut out for me this year. I really need to stay focused. So today I am starting things out slow and going for a 2 mile run. I am basically checking out my left ankle to make sure its good to go.

I also need to pass down to a Tri Newbie some Aero Bars. So be on the look out for that contest.

I will also be posting more on this blog. I have been slacking on my posts.

Today is Veterans Day. Please say thank you to a Veteran if you see one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it! I think it's a good mix of races - very challenging but not overwhelming to the point that you will end up bagging the fall races. Jump starting it with the 10k training is a good idea, too.

Have fun with it!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great year!

Having run the Blessing (finally!), I would definitely recommend doing it. It's just such a fantastic race.

If you want to do a sprint locally, I'd seriously consider the Naval Station Newport one that I did this year. It was a really well-organized race, and a great course - and if they do it around the same time, it would be a week after the Blessing. Still close, but at least a little more breathing room than the other race would give you.

Mark said...

Nice bro...looks like a good schedule!