Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bum Ankle

Yesterday I tried to go for a 2 mile run. I wanted to test out my left ankle. It has been feeling good for the past few days, so I figured I would try to run on it. Well it didn't go well. I went about 1/10 of a mile before my ankle started to hurt. Its one of those injuries that I can't explain. I only hurts while I am running, not walking, not on the Elliptical, only running. So I might change up my training plan for the next few weeks and just use the Elliptical and bike. I will incorporate some ankle strengthening exercises also. It really sucks, but what can you do. Just take it one day at a time and let it heal.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I didn't know you were still having ankle troubles. That sucks! Will you have to skip the Mews?

SM said...

I hope not

Unknown said...

I think the strengthening and stretching are the best thing to help your ankle. What's I've found with my knee is that it is something I have to keep doing all of the time even once everything feel great. Otherwise, I end up right back where I started. Good luck with it and I hope it feels better soon.