Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Good News or Bad News

I am waiting for the Doctor to give me a call. Either he will tell me I have a stress fracture in my right Tibia or don't. I can actually say thinking about this injury for the past few days is keeping me up at night. I will be extremely upset with myself if it is a stress fracture. It would be totally my fault. I strayed away from my training plan and increased my running distance to fast (or at least I think I did). Reading online about other who have had a stress fracture talk about intense pain....well I don't have intense pain. I am just really hoping it is not a fracture. I can deal with shin splints or just anything but a fracture!!!!!
So I guess we will wait until tomorrow to find out. Actually, I hope they can see something because I have been reading that the initial xray normally does not show a fracture....ahhhhhh this is driving me crazy!!!!!

On a brighter note, I did 1500 meters in the pool tonight and I am looking forward to tomorrow's bike ride at lunch!

Later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, no. I hope it comes back negative.

Michelle said...

Hope it's not a stress fracture! Those usually don't show up on x-rays until they've started to heal - did the dr. order an MRI for you?

SM said...

No MRI...we are going to wait 2 weeks and probably take another Xray if I still have any pain.